TOKYO, October 2, 2017 — OKI (TOKYO: 6703) today released its OKI Group Environmental Report 2017, a compilation of its environmental efforts during fiscal year 2016. The report is published annually to present to our stakeholders concepts, overviews, major initiatives, and data related to OKI Group environmental management. The document is scheduled to be published on the OKI website at noon, JST.
OKI regards Life-cycle Environmental Management as an integration of its management activities and environmental management activities. Based on such recognition, OKI works on the environmental management to achieve total optimization and streamlining throughout the OKI Group, setting goals and establishing a range of initiatives linked to the major management themes for every process, including procurement, production, transportation, product use, and disposal while seeing the needs of our stakeholders and risks and opportunities in the spheres of business and management as significant management themes.
The Environmental Report 2017 addresses a broad range of the life-cycle environmental management case studies. One example involves an effort to promote logistics reforms at both the Honjo and Tomioka plants, located in North Kanto. These reforms, linking shipping, production and procurement, cut inventories by half while meeting all customer deadlines and dramatically reduced logistics and storage costs. Beyond this, the reforms achieved a reduction of CO2, equivalent to 74% of emissions before the reforms and significant energy savings.
For the production stage, OKI achieved improvement in energy and operating efficiency by introducing a visualization system for parts, applying projection mapping technology. For the product design stage, OKI has established internal standards regarding resource savings, reduction in power consumption, and reduction in the use of certain chemical substances in products to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and to reduce the environmental impact of various products, from use to disposal.
Moving forward, the OKI Group is committed to pursuing various efforts to improve operating efficiency, visualizing relevant information, and promoting environmental legal compliance. Beyond this, OKI is constantly seeking to strengthen corporate value by producing environmentally friendly products and pursuing expanding business opportunities.
Outlined below are the highlights of the Environmental Report 2017:
- Special Feature:
Environmental Management Conducted from a Life-cycle Perspective
- Analysis of the Current State of Life-cycle Environmental Management
- Procurement and Transportation: Chemical Substance Management and CO2 Reduction
Production (Assembly Process): Energy-savings by Improvement of Work Efficiency
Production (Surface Processing): Reduction of Impact by Improving Production Facilities and Processes
- Product Use: Contributing to Customers through Environment-friendly Design
- Consideration for the Environment Detailed Data:
- Environmental Management-related Information
- Overview of Environmental Impact through Business Activities
- Reducing the Environmental Impact of Business Activities and Products
- Environmental Accounting
- Corporate Information
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Sharp Continues To Build Out Direct Sales Presence With The Purchase Of Saratoga Technologies - February 20, 2019
- Depot International (DPI) Expands to Include New Printer Options - February 19, 2019
- Epson Expands Voice-Activated Printing Support for its Consumer Printers with Google Assistant and Siri - February 19, 2019