LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Feb. 8, 2022 – Consumers are spending more time at home working and accomplishing hands-on creative projects, driving the demand for reliable home office and crafting tools. As families continue to juggle busy schedules, the need for a versatile home printer that can help everyone tackle creative projects, activities, and more has become a necessity. Providing an easy-to-use solution, Epson today announced a new photo printer designed for parents, kids, crafters, and photo enthusiasts to easily bring printing dreams to life. The new Expression® Photo XP-8700 Wireless All-in-One Printer delivers professional-quality photos and graphics all from the convenience and comfort of the home.
“While families maneuver to doing more from home, making it the hub of all projects, the demand for tools that can do more and meet all family members’ needs has become more important than ever,” said Haol Yao, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “With this new addition to the lineup, families, photo enthusiasts and DIY creatives have access to Epson’s renowned photo printing technology at their fingertips – all at an affordable price.”
The Expression Photo XP-8700 is compatible with the Epson Smart Panel® App,1 which transforms mobile devices into high-performance photo command centers. Featuring six-color Claria® Photo HD inks paired with Epson’s precise MicroPiezo® technology, the XP-8700 delivers vibrant borderless prints up to 8.5” x 11” with astounding detail and accuracy. Designed with ease of use in mind, it includes a large 4.3” color touchscreen and intuitive controls for convenient navigation and supports a wide range of media for versatile printing.
With red-eye removal and photo adjustment tools, the Expression Photo XP-8700 ensures seamless looking photos every time. Print a variety of creative projects and everyday documents, including to-do and shopping lists from virtually anywhere in the home with hands-free, voice activated printing.2
More About the Expression Photo XP-8700
The Expression Photo XP-8700 is compatible with the Epson Creative Print Mobile App,3 which allows users to design and print stationery, cards, CD photo albums, and more. Additional features include:
- Professional-Quality Photos and Prints — 6-color Claria Photo HD inks and a maximum print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi produce stunning borderless prints up to 8.5″ x 11″
- Easy Operation — Large, 4.3″ color touchscreen and intuitive controls for convenient navigation and printer management
- Versatile Paper Handling — Separate trays for plain paper and photo paper; plus, a rear feed for specialty paper; compatible with a wide range of media, including select Epson fine art papers
- Simple, Reliable Wireless — Easy wireless printing from your laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet,4 plus Wi-Fi Direct® for router-free printing5
- Built-in Scanner and Copier — High-resolution flatbed scanner for crisp, accurate scans and copies
- Epson Smart Panel App1 — Transforms your mobile device into a high-performance command center and adds time-saving features like Smart Setup
- Creative Print Mobile App3 — Easily print photos and create custom cards, stationery and more
- Easily Adjust Photos — Includes tools for red-eye removal, photo restoration and more
- Hands-Free, Voice-Activated Printing2 — Print a variety of creative projects and everyday documents, including your to-do and shopping lists
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Expression Photo XP-8700 ($249.99) is now available through major retail stores nationwide and at Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. For more information, please visit www.epson.com.
Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit releases in Word or text docs or in the body of an email. Please do NOT send PDF documents.