Milan, 29 September 2020 – MPS Monitor, a worldwide leader in Remote Monitoring and Management of printers and multifunction devices, is proud to announce that its MPS Monitor 2.0 platform is among the first to pass the Keypoint Intelligence-Buyers Lab (BLI) Printer & MFP Security Validation Testing for Policy Compliance, earning the BLI Policy Compliance seal. This acknowledgment applies to the tested software solution for the period commencing July 31, 2020 and ending August 1, 2022.
The BLI Security Validation Testing – Policy Compliance protocol includes a combination of hands-on testing by Keypoint Intelligence software technicians and real-time observation of demonstrated functionality by those technicians in conjunction with MPS Monitor personnel. As part of the testing protocol, Keypoint Intelligence technicians employ the OEMs’ management tools to specify desired security settings and save those settings as a “policy” template, apply the policy across a fleet to ensure that devices are in compliance, monitor those settings on an ongoing basis, automatically remediate devices that fall out of compliance, and more.
Keypoint Intelligence analysts confirmed the claimed features and effectiveness of the MPS Monitor 2.0 platform in satisfying the test methodology criteria, when used to manage HP Inc. printers and MFPs fully supported by the HP SDS platform:
- Discover and highlight at-risk firmware (that is, out-of-date firmware with known and/or likely vulnerabilities) that are still in use on devices
- Provide fleet-scalable, secure firmware update capability
- Ensure a customer’s devices are secured to a vendor’s and/or customer’s recommended settings (via templates, policies, or similar mechanism)
- Provide a method to discover out-of-compliance devices
- Generate a report (or dashboard view) showing at-risk devices
- Provide a way to automatically apply the desired settings to bring devices back into compliance
- Provide on-going checks to ensure the devices are still in compliance with the recommended settings
- Automatically detect newly connected but un-configured device(s) attached to the network and automatically apply the policy designated by the administrator for new devices.
The BLI Security Validation Testing program establishes industry-standard benchmarks in the areas of Device Penetration, Policy Compliance, and Firmware Resilience. Administered by Keypoint Intelligence-Buyers Lab, long recognized as the independent source for test data for the office equipment industry, the cornerstone of the program is hands-on testing conducted by Keypoint Intelligence in concert with accredited security testing firms.
The full BLI Security Validation Testing Report for MPS Monitor 2.0 can be downloaded at this link.
“For the last decade, MPS Monitor has been providing top-quality fleet monitoring, meters management and consumable logistics on a cloud-based platform to worldwide dealers”, says Nicola De Blasi, CEO of MPS Monitor Srl. “We’ve been working seamlessly to guarantee our solution to be at the forefront of security and privacy issues: earning the BLI Printer & MFP Security Validation Testing seal for Policy Compliance is now a further proof of the high standard we deliver to the whole printing industry. This is especially important in this critical moment, when cybercrime is taking advantage of the current situation of uncertainty, while most businesses are in need to increase the their security defences, both inside the company and in Work From Home environments”, closes De Blasi.
Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit releases in Word or text docs or in the body of an email. Please do NOT send PDF documents.