Palo Alto, October 11, 2018 — Today, HP Inc. unveiled a range of new services and solutions to help businesses gain more flexibility and scale. The security technology and enterprise expertise includes a powerful new HP FutureSmart firmware release for HP Enterprise-class printers and MFPs, Immersive Analytics Service and the integration with both McAfee Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) – an industry first for print devices.
“Empowering customers to take full control of their work environment is central to our office reinvention strategy,” said Tuan Tran, General Manager of the Office Printing Solutions business at HP. “The services and solutions unveiled today provide a step forward in seamless intelligence and industry-leading security solutions.”
The services and solutions unveiled today build on HP’s office printing momentum and become available in the coming weeks.
- HP FutureSmart 4 Firmware: This new version of firmware for HP Enterprise-class printers and MFPs delivers productivity with a cleaner and more intuitive interface for users. The update features new capabilities, including Serverless Job Accounting that enables printers to record analytics without requiring a central server and empowering select print settings to be mirrored via USB to new printers – vastly speeding setup.
HP FutureSmart 4 will ship with new HP devices including the HP PageWide Color 755dn, PageWide Color MFP 774dn and dns, and PageWide Color MFP 779dn and dns. Customers that own HP devices with HP FutureSmart firmware as far back as 2012 models can be upgraded to the new HP FutureSmart 4 version.
- Microsoft SCCM integration: Strengthening HP’s industry-leading security arsenal, HP is the first print OEM offering integration with Microsoft SCCM. This integration enables IT management to use one tool to configure printer security in concert with all other SCCM-connected devices on the network.
- McAfee SIEM integration: To expand threat monitoring, HP has also achieved certified integration with the SIEM tool McAfee Enterprise Security Manager. McAfee SIEM provides actionable intelligence to prioritize, investigate and respond to potential malware attacks on HP printers.
- Immersive Analytics Service: Leveraging HP Labs’ advances in visualization and analytics, this new component of HP’s Business Intelligence Services provides customers with a more immersive view of the key driving factors in their print environment. Through this in-depth engagement, HP consultants can help customers quickly pinpoint behaviors to accelerate digitization, efficiency gains and risk reduction.
Customers Depend on HP
As companies’ needs grow increasingly complex, HP continues to develop secure, adaptable technology. HP’s customers—including large corporations, government entities and small business — share their successes.
Take the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System (FMOLHS), which operates one of the largest health care systems in the state of Louisiana. They turned to HP for a print platform to complement an upgraded electronic medical records solution. HP Managed Print Services helped FMOLHS reduce costs by more than 30%, improved printing reliability for IT and healthcare staff, and delivered secure accessible printing solutions.
During a six-week rollout of more than 1,800 devices and HP software solutions for enhanced management, security and access control, FMOLHS was able to cost-effectively expand for the future.
“Changing out your electronic medical records is a 20-year decision, and not something we do lightly because it interrupts the entire hospital revenue stream for months if not a year,” says Frank Sewell, Director of IS Resource Management & Compliance at FMOLHS. “We made a long-term decision to adopt a new EMR, and we wanted to treat printing as a long-term collaboration with a proven success in healthcare. That’s why we engaged HP for a seven-year contract.”
CTI Foods, a food manufacturer in Idaho, turned to HP to standardize print policies and provide convenient printing at its manufacturing facilities throughout the U.S. With salespeople who frequently work remotely, CTI needed to equip them with reliable and secure printing 24 hours a day. HP now provides the company with a portfolio of devices for each scenario, from home office to manufacturing plant, with HP LaserJet and HP PageWide MFPs.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Lexmark Introduces Smart Document Portal for Insurance - December 13, 2018
- Sharp Introduces New Line Of Color Multifunction Printers For The Technology-Driven Workplace - December 13, 2018
- EveryonePrint Launches Cloud-Based Print Platform to Channel Partners - December 12, 2018