The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i, Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci, and Ricoh IM C6500.
At an AMPV of 10,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging average public sector pricing for hardware:
The Ricoh IM C6500 is the winning product by a slight margin with the lowest TCO of $30,130.97, followed by the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i with a TCO of $30,162.52, and the Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci with a TCO of $31,329.35.
- All three models offer standard print, copy, and scan functionality while fax is an optional feature.
- Each base model in the comparison includes an added staple finisher, which is optional. The Canon purchase price for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i includes the 4,250-sheet capacity Staple Finisher-X1, which is priced at $3485.21, the Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci features the added DF-7130 4k sheet finisher for a price of $4,852.00, and the Ricoh IM C6500 includes the SR4140 3k sheet finisher listed for $3,369.50.
- The Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci provides the fastest print speeds at up to 73ppm for B&W prints and 65ppm for color pages, followed by the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i at 70/65ppm. The Ricoh IM C6500 offers print speeds of up to 65ppm for both B&W and color pages.
- When comparing duplex scan speeds, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i provides the fastest scanning at up to 270ipm for black and color images. The Ricoh IM C6500 offers the next fastest duplex scan speeds at up to 240ipm, while the Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci offers duplex scan speeds of up to 220ipm.
- All three models are equipped with a standard DADF, and the Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci has the largest DADF capacity for up to 270-sheets. The Ricoh IM C6500 has the second largest DADF capacity with support for up to 220-sheets. The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i features the smallest DADF capacity for up to 200-sheets.
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i provides users with the largest maximum paper input capacity at up to 9,300-sheets (3,550-sheets standard), followed by the Ricoh IM C6500 at 8,100-sheets (3,700-sheets standard), and the Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci has the smallest maximum paper input capacity of 7,650-sheets (4,150-sheets standard).
Average Public Sector Contract-Based Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Ricoh IM C6500: $0.0056
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i: $0.0069
- Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci: $0.0071
Average Public Sector Contract-Based Color CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Ricoh IM C6500: $0.0402
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C7770i: $0.0441
- Kyocera TASKalfa 7353ci: $0.0496
Screenshot of gapTCO