The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Lexmark MC2325adw, the Brother MFC-L3770CDW, and the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw.
At an AMPV of 1,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and using e-commerce pricing for hardware:
The Lexmark MC2325adw is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $5,470.24, followed by the Brother MFC-L3770CDW with a TCO of $5,725.39, and the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw with a TCO of $5,807.46.
- All devices compared offer standard print, copy, scan, and fax functionality.
- The Brother MFC-L3770CDW and the Lexmark MC2325adw offer the fastest print speeds in the comparison at 25ppm, followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw at 22ppm.
- The Lexmark MC2325adw has the largest standard memory capacity at 1,024 MB, followed by the Brother MFC-L3770CDW at 512 MB and the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw at 256 MB.
- All devices within the comparison provide similar standard input tray capacities, with the models from HP and Lexmark offering 251-sheets and the Brother product supporting 250-sheets.
- The three devices offer standard auto duplex functionality and integrated wireless networking.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Brother MFC-L3770CDW: $0.0284
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw: $0.0291
- Lexmark MC2325adw: $0.0336
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Lexmark MC2325adw: $0.1365
- Brother MFC-L3770CDW: $0.1499
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw: $0.1527
Screenshot of gapTCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.