The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Brother HL-L2350DW, the Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw, the HP LaserJet M209dw, and the Xerox B210/DNI.
At an AMPV of 300 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer website price for hardware:
The Xerox B210/DNI is the winning product with the lowest TCO at $629.93, followed by the Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw at $659.00, the Brother HL-L2350DW at $682.43, and the HP LaserJet M209dw at $828.92.
- The Brother HL-L2350DW offers the fastest print speed at 32ppm, followed by the Xerox B210/DNI at 31ppm. The models from Canon and HP feature a 30ppm print speed.
- All products within the comparison, except the HP LaserJet M209dw, feature a 600 MHz processor speed. The HP model has a 500 MHz processor speed.
- The printers from Brother and Canon come equipped with a 251 sheet standard input capacity, while the HP LaserJet M209dw features a 150 sheet capacity. Xerox has not published an input capacity for the B210/DNI.
- All of the models in the comparison provide users with auto duplex printing and wireless connectivity.
- With regards to footprint, the HP LaserJet M209dw has the smallest at 153.8 square inches. The Xerox B210/DNI comes in second at 191.4 square inches, followed by the Brother HL-L2350DW at 198.8 and the Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw at 241.4.
- The Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw comes with the highest-yield starter toner at 1,700 pages, followed by the Xerox B210/DNI at 1,500 pages. The Brother and HP models are tied for third at 700 pages each.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw: $0.0256
- Xerox B210/DNI: $0.0267
- Brother HL-L2350DW: $0.0313
- HP LaserJet M209dw: $0.0356
View all gapTCO comparisons here.
Screenshot of gapTCO
The gapTCO is a product of market intelligence firm gap intelligence. It is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices.