The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Brother MFC-L9670CDN, the Lexmark CX635adwe, and the Xerox VersaLink C505/S.
At an AMPV of 5,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) for hardware:
The Brother MFC-L9670CDN is the winning product with the lowest TCO at $16,582.92, followed by the Lexmark CX635adwe at $24,637.50, and the Xerox VersaLink C505/S at $25,121.00.
- The Xerox VersaLink C505/S offers the fastest print speeds at 45ppm. The MFPs from Brother and Lexmark are tied for second place at 42ppm.
- The Xerox MFP also features the strongest paper handling capabilities with its 700 sheet standard input tray capacity and 2,700 sheet maximum input tray capacity. The Brother MFC-L9670CDN has the same maximum input tray capacity as the Xerox model but has an 80 sheet lower standard input tray capacity at 620 sheets. The Lexmark CX635adwe features a 251 sheet standard and a 2,001 sheet maximum input tray capacity.
- All three models feature a 100 sheet DADF and wireless connectivity.
- The MFPs from Brother and Lexmark come equipped with a 7 inch color touchscreen display, while the Xerox model features a 5 inch color touchscreen display.
- The Lexmark CX635adwe has the smallest footprint at 353.4 square inches, followed by the Xerox VersaLink C505/S at 368.2, and the Brother MFC-L9670CDN at 421.7.
- The Brother MFC-L9670CDN provides the largest in-box toner capacity at 9,000 pages black and 6,500 pages color, followed by the Xerox VersaLink C505/S at 5,000 pages black and 2,400 pages color, then the Lexmark CX635adwe at 3,000 pages black and 2,000 pages color.
- The Lexmark model offers the highest black toner replacement yield option at 20,000 pages, followed by the Brother MFC-L9670CDN at 15,000 pages, and the Xerox VersaLink C505/S at 12,100 pages. However, the Brother model offers the highest color toner replacement yield option at 12,000 pages. The Lexmark MFP follows closely behind at 11,700 pages, then the Xerox device at 9,000 pages.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Brother MFC-L9670CDN: $0.0123
- Lexmark CX635adwe: $0.0211
- Xerox VersaLink C505/S: $0.0220
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Brother MFC-L9670CDN: $0.0739
- Xerox VersaLink C505/S: $0.1268
- Lexmark CX635adwe: $0.1287
Screenshot of gapTCO