The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Canon imageCLASS LBP237dw, the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw, the Lexmark B3442dw, and the Xerox B310/DNI.
At an AMPV of 1,500 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer website price for hardware:
The Canon imageCLASS LBP237dw is the winning product with the lowest TCO at $2,374.00, followed by the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw at $2,376.91, the Xerox B310/DNI at $2,473.92, and the Lexmark B3442dw at $2,603.83.
- The Lexmark B3442dw and the Xerox B310/DNI offer the fastest print speed at 42ppm, followed by Canon imageCLASS LBP237dw and the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw at 40ppm.
- The HP LaserJet Pro M404dw features the fastest processor speed at 1,200 MHz, followed by the Lexmark and Xerox models at 1,000 MHz. Canon does not list a processor speed for its SFP.
- All printers in the comparison provide users with the same paper capacities at 350 sheets standard and 900 sheets maximum.
- All of the models in the comparison provide users with auto duplex printing and wireless connectivity, while only the devices from Canon and HP offer Gigabit Ethernet support.
- With regards to footprint, the Lexmark B3442dw and the Xerox B310/DNI tie at 207.4 square inches, followed by the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw at 210.9. The Canon imageCLAS LBP237dw has the largest footprint at 252.8 square inches.
- The Canon imageCLASS LBP237dw comes with the highest-yield starter toner at 3,100 pages, followed by the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw and the Lexmark B3442dw at 3,000 pages. The Xerox B310/DNI ships with a 2,500 page yield starter cartridge.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- HP LaserJet Pro M404dw: $0.0222
- Canon imageCLASS LBP237dw: $0.0225
- Xerox B310/DNI: $0.0225
- Lexmark B3442dw: $0.0256
Screenshot of gapTCO