The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Toshiba e-STUDIO3508A, Xerox VersaLink B7035D, Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4535i and Ricoh MP 3555SP AD.
gapTCO includes both printer-based products and copier-based MFP devices and offers two sales model types: Cartridge (CPP) and Contract (CPC). CPC rates include the cost of all consumables and maintenance and are not impacted by consumable usage.
At an AMPV of 10,000 pages, three year length of ownership, and Average Public Sector Contract Pricing for hardware and CPC:
• The Toshiba e-STUDIO3508A is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $5,950.08, followed by the Xerox VersaLink B7035D with a TCO of $5,953.50, HP LaserJet Managed MFP E82550dn Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4535i ($6,798.02), and the Ricoh MP 3555SP AD ($7,089.67).
• All devices compared offer Print, Scan and Copy Functionality standard. Fax is offered as an optional function for all devices.
• All devices compare offering a Hard Disk Drive with a 250GB capacity or above.
• All of the devices compared launched between 2016 and 2017. The Toshiba e-STUDIO3508A is the oldest device in the comparison, launching in May 2016, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4535i launched in January 2017, followed by the Ricoh MP 3555SP AD (February 2017) and Xerox VersaLink B7035D (April 2017)).
• All devices compared offer USB Direct Print, Network, and Gigabit Ethernet as standard connectivity features. The Canon Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4535i is the only device compared that offers WiFi connectivity as a standard feature.
• All devices compared offer a Mono Print Speed of 35 ppm and a Mono Print Resolution of 1200X1200.
• Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
o Xerox VersaLink B7035D: $0.0070
o Toshiba e-STUDIO3508A: $0.0084
o Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4535i: $0.0084
o Ricoh MP 3555SP AD: $0.0087
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Three A4 SOHO Color MFPs - December 5, 2018
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - October 26, 2018
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - September 12, 2018