LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Aug. 9, 2023 – Epson today announced multiple products received Red Dot Design Awards, including a coveted “Best of the Best” award, the highest distinction in the Red Dot: Product Design 2023 awards. Epson received Red Dot product design awards for four point of sale solutions, two large format professional printer models, one industrial robot, one home theater projector, and two Moverio® smart glasses models.
“Epson is well known for designing products that are efficient, compact and precise,” said Richard Miller, vice president, North America Commercial Marketing, Epson America, Inc. “Receiving the Red Dot Design Awards across multiple products, one of the most prestigious awards in the design industry, is a testament to our team’s ongoing dedication to also design aesthetically pleasing, wonderfully functional and simply beautiful products.”
Best of the Best Award Winner
The SureLab® D570 win marks the fourth time Epson has received a Best of the Best Red Dot award. The design of this compact, lightweight professional minilab photo printer provides installation flexibility in shops where space is limited. With a stackable design, businesses can scale and add more printers to keep up with customer demand, and front operation access allows for installation on narrow shelves and counters. Environmental benefits include ink bottles instead of ink cartridges, resulting in zero cartridge waste.
Red Dot Award: Product Design Winners
The following products received 2023 Red Dot Design Awards:
– Mobilink™ TM-P20II and Mobilink TM-P80II mobile receipt printers: Ideal for retail and hospitality environments, the printers are small, lightweight and easy to carry with a modern and wearable sleek design that combines style and functionality to suit a variety of business needs. Designed with durability in mind, the printers are equipped with an IP54-rated water- and dust-resistant enclosure and robust impact resistance.
– OmniLink® TM-L100 compact label printer: Ideal for order management and food item labeling in restaurants and stores. The smooth, sleek design makes it easy to clean and perfect for use anywhere, especially where food is handled. To meet ever-growing demand for digital orders, including buy-online-pickup-in-store (BOPIS) and delivery, the liner-free compatible (LFC) thermal label printer offers Epson’s most flexible liner-free media support.
– OmniLink TM-m30III receipt printer: Sleek and modern, the thermal receipt printers’ compact size is ideal for tight spaces. The clean and attractive design provides visual appeal, and the enhanced enclosure is IPX2 rated for water resistance and its specially treated antimicrobial enclosure material suppresses the growth of bacteria. Additionally, the printer has a flexible configuration, working in either a top-exit or front-exit orientation.
– SureColor® T-Series and SureColor P-Series production printers: Leveraging an innovative, space-saving design, the SureColor T-Series technical printers are purpose built for technical and production printing environments, and the SureColor P-Series photo and graphics printers are designed for photo fulfillment, retail photo labs, poster, and graphic art production. The models are compact and sleek with a unique flattop design and complete front operation, ideal for space-constrained environments.
– GX8 SCARA robot: Industrial robots are required to operate accurately in a limited space and in various work environments, and the GX8 has been developed to meet such strict requirements. The high-power-density SCARA robot offers high throughput, smooth motion control and heavy payloads with advanced Epson GYROPLUS Technology. Offering multiple arm configurations, the GX8 can achieve ultra-high precision in applications such as assembly, pick-and-place and intricate small-parts handling processes, and can handle payloads up to 8 kg from a small form factor. This design allows users to manage robotic solutions powerfully and with a compact footprint.
– Epson EpiqVision® Flex CO-FH02 Full-HD 1080p smart portable projector: Ultra sleek and lightweight, the Epson EpiqVision Flex CO-FH02 projector seamlessly fits into virtually any environment and is simple to pack into a satchel or backpack for on-the-go projection. Built to own any room, it features 3-chip 3LCD technology and 3,000 lumens1 of brightness to deliver big, bright, colorful images up to 300 inches – perfect for business + epic for play. A convenient design with images up to 300-inches – four times larger than a 75-inch flat panel, the projector is perfect for collaborative online meetings and immersive movie-watching in virtually any lighting environment. Plus, built-in Android TV2 makes streaming a breeze.
– Moverio BT-45C and BT-45CS: These augmented reality (AR) smart glasses are designed to support seamless remote collaboration for industrial applications with a high-quality AR viewing experience. The models support immersive, hands-free collaboration between on-site technicians and remote experts to help enhance efficiency, improve safety, and reduce downtime. An adjustable, padded headband, plus helmet mounting options, comfortably accommodate a variety of frontline work attire. The robust, durable design is shock- and dust-resistant with military grade drop test compliance and IP52 rating.
For more information about the Red Dot Design Awards, visit www.red-dot.org.
Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to email@example.com. Please submit releases in Word or text docs or in the body of an email. Please do NOT send PDF documents.