Kansas City, MO — On Aug. 5-6 in Las Vegas, Nevada, the Business Technology Association (BTA) will present FIX: Cost Management for Service 2.0 as a front-runner to the association’s Capture the Magic district event, hosted by BTA West. Attendees to the workshop will receive free registration to Capture the Magic.
Successful BTA dealers use their service departments to maintain profit margins as new equipment sales margins decline. FIX, BTA's popular service workshop, teaches attendees how to compute the cost of the service labor hour (service burden rate) and improve overall service department profitability.
Workshop instructors Ronelle Ingram and Rock Janecek will cover first-call completion and proven management and customer service programs to improve morale within a service department. Those struggling with MPS and IT issues can learn new management skills to help transition their staffs to the realities of solutions-based servicing. This is a highly interactive, energetic classroom experience.
Attendees will learn:
• How to determine the actual cost of a service hour; items to consider with costing MPS, CPC, document management, etc.; and vehicle operations
• The importance of first-call completion
• How to generate 50-percent-plus service department profitability
• How to establish profitable "markup-method" pricing for prepaid field service, solution-based servicing and overtime
• How to compute cost-per-click for equipment usage
• How to implement new service compensation programs
• How to manage staff operations with profit-making opportunities, improved teamwork and a proven customer-relations program
• How to maintain a winning service team by creating competitive compensation plans
Attendees will take home: Excel software that will enable them to calculate their own cost of the service hour (service burden rate); a workshop manual for reference; sample prepaid service agreements; service department worksheets and action plan templates; and cost/price spreadsheet templates (Excel) with formulas.
Ingram is a hands-on service professional from Irvine, California, with 40 years in the industry. She has served BTA for many years in many capacities: As an instructor at BTA-sponsored classes and trade shows, BTA's 2008-09 national president, former BTA West president, former BTA Southern California president, BTA Volunteer of the Year and BTA Trainer of the Year. Ingram currently serves on the ITEX Advisory Counsel and writes a monthly service management column in ENX Magazine.
Janecek is the division service manager for Burtronics Business Systems Inc. located in San Bernardino, California. He has been in the office technology industry since 1980, when he started his career as a technician for Saxon Business Products. Janecek, who holds multiple CompTIA certifications, is a service manager who understands the daily trials and tribulations of leading a profitable service department. He focuses on machine-specific repair, networking, employee management, customer retention and the importance of first-call completion. He served as BTA's national president during the 2010-11 year.
BTA member tuition for the FIX: Cost Management for Service workshop is $495. Non-member tuition is $925 and includes a one-year BTA dealer membership.
For more information or to register for the workshop, visit www.bta.org/FIX or call (800) 843-5059.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- HP Showcases Everything-as-a-Service, Expands A3 and A4 Portfolio, and Announces New Security Offerings for the Channel - March 19, 2019
- Collabrance Offers New Flexible Solutions to Help MSPs Capture More Opportunities With SMB Customers - March 19, 2019
- Epson America Appoints Joseph Contreras as Commercial Marketing Executive, Office Solutions - March 19, 2019