Kansas City, Mo. — The Business Technology Association (BTA; www.bta.org) has announced its 2018-19 scholarship winners. Twenty-four students were awarded scholarships.
Each year, BTA awards one $3,000 and a number of $1,000 and $1,500 scholarships to qualifying children of full-time employees of dealerships that are current BTA members. Since the 1984-85 school year, BTA has presented 1,446 scholarships to deserving students, totaling $1.635 million.
The BTA Scholarship Foundation is supported by continuing contributions from individual dealers, as well as manufacturers and distributors.
On Feb. 23, 1968, the Dorothy R. Ames Scholarship Fund was announced in honor of Ames at her retirement dinner in Great Neck, Long Island, New York, for her many contributions to the industry. Ames retired as the executive vice president of the Ames Supply Co. Ultimately, the fund became the BTA Scholarship Foundation, benefiting the sons and daughters of employees of BTA member dealerships nationwide.
Scholarship recipients are chosen each year by an impartial and independent evaluator. The scholarship recipients for the 2018-19 school year and their sponsoring BTA member dealerships are as follows:
- Orion Couch, Standley Systems, Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Megan Deim, Fisher’s Technology, Boise, Idaho
- Conner Delgado, Bishop Business, Omaha, Nebraska
- Alissa Edgington, DOCUmation, San Antonio, Texas
- Sydney Emmerich, E O Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Mary Everett, Standley Systems, Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Bailey Hackler, J.D. Young Co., Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Kirsten Hahn, NovaCopy Inc., Memphis, Tennessee
- Abigail Hamvas, Coordinated Business Systems, Burnsville, Minnesota
- Abigail McBrayer, Loy’s Office Supplies, LaGrange, Georgia
- Evan Mikos, Gordon Flesch Company, Geneva, Illinois
- Ashley Moch, Duplicator Sales and Service, Louisville, Kentucky
- Mersadies Morgan, Valley Office Systems, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Grace Newsom, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon
- Ray Nierman, Eakes Office Solutions, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Katie Paulich, E O Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Alexis Raihle, E O Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Herbert Richardson, Carolina Business Equipment, Columbia, South Carolina
- Joseph Salcce, Atlantic Tomorrow’s Office, New York City, New York
- Paige Smith, The Business Centre of Quincy Inc., Quincy, Illinois
- Alexander Studwell, Function4, Sugar Land, Texas
- Shelby Taylor, Indiana Business Equipment, Terre Haute, Indiana
- Terry Thompson, Century Business Technologies, Topeka, Kansas
- Jacob Wiggs, Thermocopy of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
For more information on the BTA Scholarship Foundation, visit www.bta.org/Scholarships.
Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit releases in Word or text docs or in the body of an email. Please do NOT send PDF documents.