Kansas City, Mo. — The Business Technology Association (BTA; www.bta.org) has announced its 2023-24 scholarship winners. Twenty-four students were awarded scholarships.
Each year, BTA awards one $3,000, one $2,000, and several $1,500 and $1,000 scholarships to qualifying children of full-time employees of current BTA member dealerships. Since the 1984-85 school year, BTA has awarded 1,561 scholarships to deserving students, totaling $1.7785 million.
The BTA Scholarship Foundation is supported by continuing contributions from individual dealers, as well as manufacturers and distributors.
On Feb. 23, 1968, the Dorothy R. Ames Scholarship Fund was announced in honor of Ames at her retirement dinner in Great Neck, Long Island, New York, for her many contributions to the industry. Ames retired as the executive vice president of the Ames Supply Co. Ultimately, the fund became the BTA Scholarship Foundation, benefiting the sons and daughters of employees of BTA member dealerships nationwide.
Scholarship recipients are chosen each year by an impartial and independent evaluator. The scholarship recipients for the 2023-24 school year and their sponsoring BTA member dealerships are as follows:
- Emily Bourgois, Fireside Office Solutions, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Calli Bremness, EO Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Anthony Brown, Current Office Solutions, Bryan, Ohio
- Brooke Conner, R.K. Black Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Allison Couch, Standley Systems, Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Reagan Fries, Eakes Office Solutions, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Gabriella Hamvas, Coordinated Business Systems, Burnsville, Minnesota
- Jessica Hougland, Gordon Flesch Co., Madison, Wisconsin
- Lydia Imbrogno, Gordon Flesch Co., Madison, Wisconsin
- Amanda LeBlanc, LDI Connect, Jericho, New York
- Victoria Liguori, Electronic Business Products Inc., Latham, New York
- Ava Lucas, Purvis Business Machines, Meridian, Mississippi
- Nick Marigo, Kyocera Document Solutions Northern California, Santa Rosa, California
- Mackenzie McKim, RJ Young Co., Nashville, Tennessee
- Madeline Moran, Gordon Flesch Co., Madison, Wisconsin
- Ashley Nierman, Eakes Office Solutions, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Bailey Nutter, Eakes Office Solutions, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Caitlin Robel, Forward TS, West Allis, Wisconsin
- Avery Smartt, UBEO Business Services, San Antonio, Texas
- Kyla Soard, Duplicator Sales & Service, Louisville, Kentucky
- McKenzie Turner, Duplicator Sales & Service, Louisville, Kentucky
- Alexa Webb, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon
- Connor Williams, Loy’s Office Supplies, LaGrange, Georgia
- Grace Zea, Gordon Flesch Co., Madison, Wisconsin
For more information on the BTA Scholarship Foundation, visit www.bta.org/Scholarships.
Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit releases in Word or text docs or in the body of an email. Please do NOT send PDF documents.