MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 10, 2017 —FleetUp, a premier provider of ELD/HOS compliance solutions for Intelligent Fleet Management, today announced that Toshiba America Business Solutions has selected FleetUp to provide FMCSA electronic logging devices (ELD) compliance and comprehensive fleet management services (FMS). Under the two-year agreement, Toshiba will install FleetUp’s ELD and FMS across its work and transport fleets, and sales and services vehicles.
Toshiba required both a solution to easily and effectively ensure compliance with the upcoming December 2017 FMCSA ELD Mandate, and a service platform to optimize fleet operational productivity. After a thorough search for an ELD compliance provider that met all their requirements, Toshiba selected FleetUp for the ease at which their compliance and intelligent fleet management needs would be addressed.
“Upon reviewing other companies’ technologies, we believe FleetUp will best serve our ELD and FMS needs,” said Steve Tungate, Toshiba America Business Solutions vice president and general manager, service, supply chain and innovation. “Toshiba is confident FleetUp will enable our logistics team to remain compliant with current and future fleet management mandates.”
FleetUp ELDs are designed with a hidden, wired connector that avoids the inherent security vulnerability of Bluetooth-based ELDs. Typically installed in less than 10 minutes, the FleetUp ELD allows a vehicle’s diagnostic port to remain open for maintenance, while also enabling 10-second GPS tracking and vehicle engine data. Toshiba also selected FleetUp for its comprehensive fleet management services platform, Command Unlimited. Command Unlimited is used for solving a wide range of business-critical issues and providing the latest updates on industry developments with advanced features such as engine diagnostics, proactive eMaintenance, geofencing, real-time GPS, fuel waste analysis, and driver behavior monitoring/modification capabilities.
Unlike legacy telematics providers who retrofit antiquated solutions with Bluetooth technology, FleetUp was built from the ground up to address the compliance and management needs of the modern fleet while keeping security, data integrity, and driver safety at the forefront of transportation and business. A Bluetooth ELD operates on radio frequency that can easily be interrupted, running the risk of ELD data loss or security vulnerabilities such as the hacking of a truck. FleetUp ELD installs as a hidden device in under 10 minutes, allowing the OBD-II port to remain open for maintenance and for the continued tracking of GPS and vehicle data offline as a safe and reliable compliance solution.
“The FleetUp FMS platform is designed to address the major pain points of compliance and business management for today’s fleet managers and their drivers,” said Sam Lee, chief executive officer at FleetUp. “We look forward to working closely with Toshiba to deliver complete fleet management support and ensure seamless compliance with current and upcoming regulations.”
Key features of FleetUp Command™ Unlimited and ELD include:
- Reduced Training with Voice Over HOS (VoHOS): Eliminate lengthy driver training programs for HOS and ELD solutions with FleetUp’s FMCSA-certified HOS app interactive tutorial mode, and ensure effortless compliance with step-by-step Voice Assistance
- Geofencing – Create unlimited virtual boundaries to track when vehicles enter and leave an area
- E-Maintenance– Recognition technology identifies problems and sends actionable data to maintenance team
- Real-Time Reporting– Customize visual charts for fuel, duration/hours, miles and much more
- Fuel Waste Analysis and Consumption Reporting– Analyze fuel usage by vehicle, driver and route using FleetUp’s patented fuel waste analysis tool
- HOS Optimized Dispatch – Based on drivers’ available Hours of Service (HOS), save time and fuel by assigning the right drivers to the right loads
- Track Your Delivery– Provide customers with tracking ID for real-time dynamic delivery confirmation
About Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc.
Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS) provides multifunction printers, managed document services and digital signage for businesses of all sizes throughout the United States, Mexico, and Central and South America. The company’s award-winning e-STUDIO copiers and printers provide quality performance with the security businesses require.
Complementing its hardware offering is a full suite of document workflow, capture and security services including Encompass, the company’s industry-acclaimed Managed Print Services program. Encompass enables clients to print less and optimize workflow while improving energy efficiency.
TABS’ Ellumina digital signage offering includes all of the hardware, software and services needed to implement dynamic and interactive digital signage installations. TABS provides content creation and management, displays, integration, installation and project management services as well as financing for solutions ranging from a single screen to the biggest arenas and stadiums.
TABS comprises five divisions: the Electronic Imaging Division; the Toner Products Division; the Document Solutions Engineering Division; the International Division; and Toshiba Business Solutions.
Founded in 2013 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, FleetUp offers a patented, FMCSA-compliant suite of integrated telematics and GPS applications. FleetUp provides service and distribution companies with unprecedented insight into their operations, empowering them with actionable data to optimize the efforts of vehicles and drivers, allowing for maximum revenue while reducing operating costs. For more information, please visit fleetup.com.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Ricoh Unveils Intelligent Devices and Innovative Technologies to Meet Evolving Needs of the Digital Workplace - January 21, 2019
- HP Helps Brands Tap Into Print Personalization Market - January 16, 2019
- Epson Expands Business Edition Printer Lineup for Workgroup Environments - January 16, 2019