The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Dell 5130cdn, HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn, Ricoh SP C440DN and Xerox Phaser 6700/DN.
At an AMPV of 3000 pages, 25% color pages, 20% color coverage, 5% black coverage, four year length of ownership, and Manufacturer Website Pricing for hardware:
- The Ricoh SP C440DN is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $3,610.80, followed by the Dell 5130cdn witha TCO of $5,042.76, HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn ($6,407.77), and Xerox Phaser 6700/DN ($6,410.84).
- The devices compared launched between 2009 and 2015. The Dell 5130cdn and HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn both launched in 2009, followed by the Xerox Phaser 6700/DN in 2011 and the Ricoh SP C440DN most recently launching in 2015.
- All devices compared offer network connectivity and are Energy Star certified. The Ricoh SP C440DN and Xerox Phaser 6700/DN are the only devices in the comparison to offer security features.
- The Xerox Phaser 6700/DN and Dell 5130cdn offer the greatest max paper capacities in the comparison at 2,900 pages followed by the Ricoh SP C440DN at 2,300 pages and the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn with a max capacity of 1,100.
- The Xerox Phaser 6700/DN is the only device in the comparison to not offer Gigabet Ethernet connectivity.
Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Ricoh SP C440DN: $0.0079
- Dell 5130cdn: $0.0094
- Xerox Phaser 6700/DN: $0.0162
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn: $0.0173
Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Ricoh SP C440DN: $0.0351
- Dell 5130cdn: $0.0689
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn: $0.0900
- Xerox Phaser 6700/DN: $0.0866
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.