The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Dell H825cdw MFP, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw, Brother MFC-9130CW and Canon imageCLASS MF628Cw
At an AMPV of 2500, 35% color pages, 20% color coverage, 5% black coverage, four-year length of ownership, and average Retail.com pricing for hardware:
- The Dell H825cdw MFP is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $7,931.40, followed by HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw witha TCO of $8,242.84, Brother MFC-9130CW ($9,348.05), and Canon imageCLASS MF628Cw ($11,993.20).
- All of the devices compared launched this year, with the exception of the Brother MFC-9130CW, which launched in 2013.
- The devices range in print speed from ppm-14ppm. The Dell H825cdw MFP has the fastest print speed of the devices compared at 30ppm, followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw (27ppm), Brother MFC-9130CW (19ppm) and the Canon imageCLASS MF628Cw (14ppm)
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw and the Dell H825cdw MFP are the only devices in the comparison to offer Auto Duplex capabilities as well as Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw: $0.0213
- Dell H825cdw MFP: $0.0229
- Canon imageCLASS MF628Cw: $0.0368
- Brother MFC-9130CW: $0.0375
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Dell H825cdw MFP: $0.1348
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw: $0.1432
- Brother MFC-9130CW: $0.1484
- Canon imageCLASS MF628Cw: $0.2127
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.