The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Ricoh Aficio MP 301SPF, Canon imageRUNNER 1730iF, Lexmark MX611dhe MFP, and HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M527z.
gapTCO includes both printer-based products and copier-based MFP devices and offers two sales model types: Cartridge (CPP) and Contract (CPC). CPP rates are based on consumables usage. CPC rates include the cost of all consumables and maintenance, but are not impacted by consumable usage.
At an AMPV of 5500, 5 percent black coverage, five-year length of ownership, and MSRP for hardware:
- The Ricoh Aficio MP 301SPF (Contract CPC) is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $7,580.00, followed by Canon imageRUNNER 1730iF (Contract CPC) witha TCO of $7,605.00, Lexmark MX611dhe MFP (Cartridge CPP; $7,912.13), and HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M527z (Cartridge CPP; $8,291.65).
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M527z is the newest product in the comparison (launched September 2015) and is the only device to offer WiFi as a standard feature. The Ricoh Aficio MP 301SPF and Lexmark MX611dhe MFP both offer optional WiFi.
- All of the products compared have touchscreen displays, the sizes range from 8.0 – 4.3 inches. The HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M527z has largest touchscreen display of the products compared at 8.0in followed by the Lexmark MX611dhe MFP (7.0in) , Canon imageRUNNER 1730iF (5.7in) and Ricoh Aficio MP 301SPF (4.3in).
- The Canon imageRUNNER 1730iF and Lexmark MX611dhe MFP are the only devices in the comparison to offer optional Finishing functionality.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Canon imageRUNNER 1730iF: $0.0135
- Ricoh Aficio MP 301SPF: $0.0140
- Contract Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M527z: $0.0159
- Lexmark MX611dhe MFP: $0.0171
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.