The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's installment compares the Xerox AltaLink C8030T, Sharp MX-3070V and Ricoh MP C3004exSP TE.
gapTCO includes both printer-based products and copier-based MFP devices and offers two Sales Model types: Cartridge (CPP) and Contract (CPC). CPC rates include the cost of all consumables and maintenance and are not impacted by consumable usage.
At an AMPV of 5,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and using Average Public Sector Contract Pricing for hardware:
• The Sharp MX-3070V is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $22,045.00, followed by the Ricoh MP C3004exSP TE with a TCO of $22,769.00 and the Xerox AltaLink C8030T with $23,523.00.
• All devices compared offer standard print, copy, and scan functionality. Fax is offered as an optional function for all devices.
• The Sharp MX-3070V has the largest maximum input tray capacity at 6,300 sheets, followed by the Ricoh MP C3004exSP TE with 4,700 sheets, and the Xerox AltaLink C8030T with 4,180 sheets.
• All of the devices compared launched in 2017 and 2018. The Xerox AltaLink C8030T and the Ricoh MP C3004exSP TE are the oldest and launched in April 2017, while the Sharp MX-3070V launched in January 2018.
• All devices compared offer USB direct print, network, and Gigabit Ethernet as standard connectivity features.
• All three devices offer identical color and B/W print and copy speeds of 30ppm.
• The Sharp MX-3070V offers the fastest color and B/W duplex scanning speeds of 200 ipm, while Ricoh’s MP C3004exSP TE provides up to 180 ipm, and the Xerox AltaLink C8030T provides duplex scanning speeds of 139 ipm.
• Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
o Xerox AltaLink C8030T: $0.0068
o Ricoh MP C3004exSP TE: $0.0081
o Sharp MX-3070V: $0.0089
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.