The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Canon PIXMA G3200, Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank and Brother MFC-J985DW XL.
At an AMPV of 800 pages, 60% color pages, 20% color coverage, 5% black coverage, three year length of ownership, and manufacturer website pricing for hardware and including the cost of paper:
- The Canon PIXMA G3200 is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $727.26 followed by the Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank with a TCO of $737.24 and the Brother MFC-J985DW XL with a TCO of $1,558.70.
- The Brother MFC-J985DW XL has the fastest color print speed of the devices compared at 10 ppm, followed by the Canon PIXMA G3200 at 5ppm and the Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank at 4.5ppm.
- The Canon PIXMA G3200 has the largest mono replacement ink cartridge yield in the comparison with 6,000 pages. The Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank has the largest color ink replacement yields at 7,500 pages.
- The Canon PIXMA G3200 is the only device in the comparison to not offer auto duplex functionality.
- The Brother MFC-J985DW XL is the only device in the comparison to offer a touchscreen display.
- All of the devices compared offer Network, WiFi, and Mobile Print connectivity. The Canon PIXMA G3200 is the only device to offer Memory Card connectivity. The Brother MFC-J985DW XL is the only device in the comparison to offer USB Direct Print, NFC and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Canon PIXMA G3200: $0.0023
- Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank: $0.0024
- Brother MFC-J985DW XL: $0.0055
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Canon PIXMA G3200: $0.0064
- Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank: $0.0067
- Brother MFC-J985DW XL: $0.0359
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.