The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn, Lexmark CS725dte, and HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh. At an AMPV of 6000 pages, 60 percent color pages, 20 percent color coverage, 5 percent black coverage, five-year length of ownership, and e-commerce pricing for hardware::
- The Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $13,435.00 followed by the HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh with a TCO of $13,592.23 and the Lexmark CS725dte ($23,902.85).
- All of the devices compared launched earlier this year.
- The HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh is the only inkjet device in the comparison and boasts the second lowest mono and color CPPs in the comparison.
- All of the devices compared offer Network, and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. The HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh is the only device to offer standard WiFi connectivity. The Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn and Lexmark CS725dte offer optional WiFi.
- The Lexmark CS725dte offers the greatest max paper capacity in the comparison at 2,300 pages followed by the Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn at 2,100 pages and the HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh with a max capacity of 2,050.
- All devices in the comparison offer ADF functionality.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn: $ 0.0078
- HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh: $0.0084
- Lexmark CS725dte: $0.0164
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn: $ 0.0498
- HP PageWide Enterprise Color 556xh: $0.0512
- Lexmark CS725dte: $0.0924
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.