The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Brother MFC-L6900DW, Canon imageRUNNER 1435iF, HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn, and Konica Minolta bizhub 4020.
gapTCO includes both printer-based products and copier-based MFP devices and offers two sales model types: Cartridge (CPP) and Contract (CPC). CPP rates are based on consumables usage. CPC rates include the cost of all consumables and maintenance and are not impacted by consumable usage.
At an AMPV of 3,000 pages, 5% black coverage, three-year length of ownership, e-commerce pricing and average public sector contract pricing for hardware:
The Brother MFC-L6900DW using Cartridge CPP is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $1,889.93, followed by the Canon imageRUNNER 1435iF (Contract CPC) with a TCO of $2,680.58, HP’s LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn (Cartridge CPP; $2,720.08), and the Konica Minolta bizhub 4020 (Contract CPC; $3,899.20).
· The Brother MFC-L6900DW is the newest product in the comparison, having launched February 2016.
· The Brother MFC-L6900DW offers the fastest print and scan speeds of all products in the comparison (52ppm and 50ppm respectively). The Konica Minolta bizhub 4020 offers the second fastest speeds with 42ppm print speed and 43 ppm scan speed. The HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn offers a 42ppm print speed, but the slowest scan speed in the comparison with 21 ppm. The Canon imageRUNNER 1435iF has a 37ppm print speed and 29ppm scan speed.
· The Brother MFC-L6900DW has the greatest max paper capacities in the comparison at 2,650 pages followed by the Konica Minolta bizhub 4020 at 2,00 pages, and the HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn and Canon imageRUNNER 1435iF are tied with 1,100 pages.
· All of the products compared have standard security features as well as gigabit connectivity.
· The Brother MFC-L6900DW is the only device compared to offer Wi-Fi Connectivity
Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
· Brother MFC-L6900DW: $ 0.0113
· HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn: $ 0.0244
Contract Black CPCs, lowest to highest, are as follows:
· Canon imageRUNNER 1435iF: $ 0.0173
· Konica Minolta bizhub 4020: $ 0.0190
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.