LEXINGTON, KY. OCTOBER 17, 2017 — Lexmark International, Inc., a global imaging solutions leader, today announced the availability of Lexmark Downtime Assistant for Healthcare, a solution that leverages Lexmark multifunction printers (MFPs) to help healthcare delivery organizations maintain information access and continuity of care when systems are down.
“Continuity of care and patient safety are critical considerations in healthcare,” said Ken Woodruff, director, Lexmark Healthcare. “Whether infrastructure is out of service for routine maintenance or the downtime is unplanned, Lexmark Downtime Assistant for Healthcare keeps clinical staff from missing a beat when systems or networks are down.”
With Lexmark Downtime Assistant, the reports, forms and checklists needed during downtime are stored on a central file share. The Downtime Assistant app constantly refreshes reports from the electronic health record (EHR) system or other key applications and stores them on the MFP hard drive for easy, secure access during downtime. Document uploads and overwrites occur automatically throughout the day, so updated forms and information can be accessed anytime.
Downtime Assistant complements the downtime capabilities provided by EHR vendors to fill in existing gaps and ensure organizations are prepared for all types of downtime situations, including scenarios affecting applications, networks, departments and the entire enterprise.
Lexmark Downtime Assistant for Healthcare leverages the existing Lexmark MFP platform to provide:
- Security & Patient Privacy: Information stored on the MFP hard drive is automatically encrypted and only authorized users can log in to access the information.
- Quality & Accuracy: Users can review the list of the documents at the MFP and print only what they need, reflecting the most current content for maintaining continuity of care and operational efficiency.
- Ease of Use: Built on the user-friendly Lexmark smart MFP customizable touchscreen interface, clinical users need minimal training and can begin using the solution immediately.
- Cost Efficiency: The solution requires no additional infrastructure or resources and leverages existing downtime technologies.
“Lexmark serves healthcare providers in more than 5,500 locations worldwide,” said Allen Waugerman, Lexmark senior vice president and chief technology officer. “Drawing upon this deep industry expertise, we built a solution to help healthcare delivery organizations provide more complete, enterprise-wide access to information during downtimes and faster recovery once systems are back up and running.”
Lexmark workflow experts will customize the Downtime Assistant for Healthcare solution based on each customer’s unique needs. The solution is available via Lexmark authorized resellers or directly from Lexmark.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Ricoh Unveils Intelligent Devices and Innovative Technologies to Meet Evolving Needs of the Digital Workplace - January 21, 2019
- Join the National Business Products Industry In Support of City of Hope - January 19, 2019
- HP Helps Brands Tap Into Print Personalization Market - January 16, 2019