Jul 19, 2017 — Downers Grove, Ill. – CompTIA, the world’s leading technology association, today revealed an expanded agenda of educational programming for ChannelCon Online, the award-winning virtual companion to CompTIA ChannelCon 2017.
ChannelCon is the premier education, networking and partnering event for technology companies and professionals. The conference is set for July 31 through Aug. 2 in Austin, Texas.
The virtual companion conference runs Aug. 1 and 2. Registration for ChannelCon Online is now open.
“The growth in our online conference audience – more than 3,000 people last year – has been matched by heightened demand for more virtual programming,” noted Kelly Ricker, executive vice president, events and education, CompTIA. “This year’s we’ve expanded ChannelCon Online to include 14 educational sessions, as well as conference keynotes, interviews with top industry executives and exclusive online content.”
Technology thought leaders from Cisco Systems, the City of Orlando, CognitiveScale, Cognoscape, CoreConnex, data.world, Dense Networks, Emerson Hospital, ESET, Harvard University, JMA Wireless, Red Hat, Spiceworks, and Vizias are scheduled to speak during ChannelCon Online.
The educational programming for ChannelCon Online is offered in two parallel tracks.
Track4Techs is designed specifically for IT professionals, with sessions geared toward the issues and opportunities they encounter while keeping apps, devices and networks available and secure for their employers and customers. Track4Techs sessions include:
- Edge Computing: Data Center on Wheels
- Skills Required to Implement the Cloud: A Report from the Industry
- Threat Hunting: The Advent of Modern Information Security?
- Tools of the Trade: Security Analyst Skills for IoT, the Cloud, or Any Network
- IoT Tools of the Trade for IT Pros
- Building a Resilient Network
- The Irreplaceable Help Desk Worker
The Tech Trends Track is aimed at IT professionals as well as technology solution providers, managed services providers, channel executives and managers, or anyone who does business with the IT channel interested in learning about the technology trends that are impacting businesses. Topics include:
- Smart Cites: The Future is Now
- The Biggest Trends in Data: From the Stone Age to the Golden Age
- Impact of AI on IT
- When Developers are King: The Shifting Application Development Environment
- The Future of Technology
- Industrial Networks: Improving Connectivity Between Equipment & Networks
- Cybersecurity 2020: Tech’s Roaring 20s or an Electronic Wasteland?
All Track4Techs sessions qualify for continuing education unit (CEU) credits for renewal of CompTIA certification, including CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CSA+, and CASP. Several of the Tech Trends Track sessions are also CEU-eligible.
To register for ChannelCon Online visit https://www.comptia.org/channelcon/register-and-plan/register-cc-online.
To register for the onsite conference or for more information on ChannelCon 2017 visit https://www.comptia.org/channelcon/register-and-plan.
CompTIA: Building the Foundation for Technology’s Future
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is the world’s leading technology association, with approximately 2,000 member companies, 3,000 academic and training partners, over 100,000 registered users and more than two million IT certifications issued. CompTIA’s unparalleled range of programs foster workforce skills development and generate critical knowledge and insight – building the foundation for technology’s future. Visit CompTIA online, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Ricoh Unveils Intelligent Devices and Innovative Technologies to Meet Evolving Needs of the Digital Workplace - January 21, 2019
- HP Helps Brands Tap Into Print Personalization Market - January 16, 2019
- Epson Expands Business Edition Printer Lineup for Workgroup Environments - January 16, 2019