Kansas City, MO — On Oct. 23, the Business Technology Association (BTA, www.bta.org) will present FIX: Cost Management for Service 2.0 (www.bta.org/FIX) at Imagine Technology Group in Chandler, Arizona (a Phoenix suburb). Successful BTA dealers use their service departments to maintain profit margins as new equipment sales margins decline. FIX, BTA’s popular service workshop, teaches attendees how to compute the cost of the service labor hour (burden rate) and improve overall service department profitability.
Workshop instructor Ronelle Ingram will cover first-call completion and proven management and customer service programs to improve morale within a service department. Those struggling with MPS and IT issues can learn new management skills to help transition their staffs to the realities of solutions-based servicing. This is a highly interactive, energetic classroom experience.
Attendees will learn:
- How to determine the actual cost of a service hour; items to consider with costing MPS, CPC, document management, etc.; and vehicle operations
- The importance of first-call completion
- How to generate 50-percent-plus service department profitability
- How to establish profitable “markup-method” pricing for prepaid field service, solution-based servicing and overtime
- How to compute cost-per-click for equipment usage
- How to implement new service compensation programs
- How to manage staff operations with profit-making opportunities, improved teamwork and a proven customer-relations program
- How to maintain a winning service team by creating competitive compensation plans
Attendees will take home: An Excel file that will enable them to calculate their own cost of the service hour (service burden rate); a workshop manual for reference; sample prepaid service agreements; service department worksheets and action plan templates; and cost/price spreadsheet templates (Excel) with formulas.
Ingram has 40-plus years of experience as a service professional in Southern California. She has served BTA for many years in many capacities: as an instructor at BTA-sponsored classes and trade shows, BTA’s 2008-09 national president, BTA West president, BTA Southern California president, BTA Volunteer of the Year and BTA Trainer of the Year.
BTA member tuition for the FIX: Cost Management for Service 2.0 workshop is $495. BTA members may apply their $150 or $250 educational discount promo code received with their membership toward the tuition fee. Non-member tuition is $925 and includes a one-year BTA dealer membership.
For more information or to register, visit www.bta.org/FIX or call (800) 843-5059.