Ramsey, NJ – September 8, 2017 – Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leader in the graphic communications industry, will be exhibiting a wide range of expanded technology offerings and forward-thinking solutions in the fields of decorative printing, format printing, labeling and digital color press innovation at booth #2031 during Print 17. The conference, the year’s largest global and most innovative exhibition of graphic communications technologies, will be held from September 10-14, 2017 at the McCormick Place in Chicago. The company’s line-up of exciting new products and services are designed to provide new productivity levels, help clients grow revenues and contain costs.
For the first time, Konica Minolta and MGI have decided to co-locate in the same booth. Konica Minolta and MGI combined are a force that sets the bar high in the print landscape. With this unique combination of Konica Minolta’s inkjet print head technology and MGI’s patented 3D varnish embossing with REAL Variable Data Foiling (VDF), no output has ever looked better! This unique process provides added value and sensory dimensional textures to printed output. The 100 percent digital process provides quick prototyping, short run customization flexibility and the ability to use variable data for personalizing text and graphics on every piece produced.
Both Konica Minolta and MGI are excited to introduce new technologies that truly set them apart from the competition. Below are just a few to look for:
• AccurioPress C6100 / C6085 Color Digital Production press series - Combined, the AccurioPress C6100 / C6085 engine and the MUST SEE ‘EMS 2017 award winning IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer yield a comprehensive, automated process management system that delivers the precise color and consistent image quality print customers demand, yet with one-touch ease of use that yields increased productivity, reduced waste and minimal downtime. Coupled with heavy-weight stock capabilities (up to 400gsm), optional banner and envelope print capabilities, and a comprehensive array of finishing options, the AccurioPress C6100 / C6085 opens up new opportunities for even the smallest commercial print and graphic communications providers.
• bizhub PRESS C71cf - Based on the proven Konica Minolta production engine platform, this toner-based device sits in a unique space that allows for food safe printing in the pressure sensitive market, especially in short run jobs such as microbrewery, local wines, small manufacturers and other boutique label print opportunities. With print speeds in excess of 60’ per minute at 1200 dpi with an 18.90” x 12.60” max print image size and a 20” maximum un-winder and re-winder roll diameter the C71cf delivers a new level of efficiency and versatility.
• JETvarnish 3D Products - The MGI JETvarnish 3D Series currently consists of several different models for both sheet-fed and roll-fed print embellishments. Each model produces variable 2D/3D UV textures and embossed foiling on a wide variety of applications and substrates, including paper, plastic and synthetic material. All JETvarnish 3D systems utilize the patented MGI AIS SmartScanner intelligent registration module which automatically manages digital, offset and flexo print output by adjusting inkjet varnish controls for each piece.
o JETvarnish 3D Evolution: Expandable sheet options up to 29x47”/75x120cm at 3,123 B2s per hour
o JETvarnish 3D: Sheet sizes up to 20x42”/52x105cm with speeds up to 3,123 B2 sheets per hour
o JETvarnish 3D S: Sheet sizes up to 14x40”/36x102cm with speeds up to 3,000 A4 sheets per hour
o JETvarnish 3D Web: Roll-fed labels and flexible packaging up to 16.5”/42cm at 8,220ft/2,520m per hour
The JETvarnish 3D Web Enhancement Press received a Print 17 “MUST SEE ‘EM Award” for digital finishing, marking the 6th MSE honor for the JETvarnish 3D Series.
• MGI CeraPrinter X-Serie Printer – This is a turnkey Materials Deposition Inkjet platform for process development in Printed Electronics and Smart 3D Printing for advanced circuitry development of applications such as RFID, NFC and OLED technologies. Features include a patented, rotative “plug & play” inkjet head-holder, full curing area, in-situ characterization devices and analytic software suite. The CeraPrinter X-Serie received a Print 17 “MUST SEE ‘EM Award” in the special “Future of Print” Category.
• EFI Pro 16h LED UV hybrid inkjet printer - Konica Minolta has teamed up with EFI to offer industry leading UV Inkjet technologies in the market. This product has been strategically designed to ensure the lowest total cost of ownership in its class, while offering superior image quality and access to a large array of substrates / applications. Key target applications for this unique product include display graphics, indoor signage, outdoor graphics, POP graphics and much more.
• Solutions Theater – Konica Minolta’s Production Services Ecosystem will be presented in a series of demonstrations and presentations in the booth’s Theater. Hear from experts and see new solutions ranging from Production Management, to Value Added solutions like digital proofing for foil and decorative effects, and Marketing Services including marketing planning, execution and analytics platforms. Experts will be on hand at the Ask The Experts desk to go into deeper dives on the topics which will be presented.
“The Graphic Communications industry is entering an exciting era with new trends, technology that will power the $83 billion sector into the future,” said Kevin Kern, Senior Vice President, Business Intelligence Services and Product Planning, Konica Minolta. “Having MGI in our booth will allow us to demonstrate end to end solutions that allow commercial printers of all sizes open new opportunities with current customers and approach entirely new markets.”
Konica Minolta, in strong partnership with MGI, understands the needs of the ever-evolving graphic communications industry. Visit us at booth #2031 to learn how the company’s fleet of state-of-the-art inkjet and industrial printers – like Accurio Presses – along with leading solutions and professional services grows value for your clients and offers numerous capabilities like digital labels, wide and grand format, and specialty printing with digital foil and spot UV. And if you want to know more about conducting business “South of the Border,” it will have the official Mexico launch of PROKOM, the online support group for graphic professionals.
Konica Minolta will be offering presentations in its theater area all day…every day highlighting some of the company’s most strategic new software solutions and services. Additionally, Erik Holdo, Konica Minolta’s Vice President of Graphic Communications and Industrial Print Line of Business, will participate in a panel discussion, “The New Value in Print.” The event, to be held in booth 4425 on Monday, September 11, from 3:00-4:00 PM CT, will cover current trends in decorative printing and embellishment markets, personalization and short-run projects, front and back-end systems, new marketing services and emerging print technologies such as conductive print. Complimentary refreshments will be served.